Educational programs are based on “Mindfulness practice” and are for individuals who wish to learn mindfulness as a life practice.
Educational programs are self-paid and include Yoga, mindfulness meditation, Tai-Chi, as well as services that teach life skill sets included in Dialectic Behavior Therapy and Mindfulness Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Please refer to the Program Calendar for the day and time of the current offerings.
Special events such as seminars and educational groups will cover an array of developmentally sensitive topics. Please refer to the Events Calendar for the date and time of the current offerings.
Individuals who may benefit from these educational programs include:
- Individuals who are experiencing a transition in their life such as divorce or unemployment
- Individuals who are mourning loss
- Individuals who need help in resolving an interpersonal conflict
- Individuals who need to decide their path in life
- Individuals who just need to take a break from the everyday stress of life
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELING
Mental health services include:
- Psycho-diagnostic Interview and Testing
- Domain based assessment (including health, nutrition, employment, family, education, cognitive, behavioral, substance abuse, developmental, legal)
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family & Couples Counseling
- After-Care Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Group
- Mindful Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Trauma Therapy for Simple and Complex Post-traumatic Disorder
- Progressive Relaxation Techniques
- Life, Wellness and Health Coaching
- Open Focus Meditation
Eastern practices are considered part of mental health services and include:
- Tai Chi (Yang style and Temple style)
- Meditation (Guided, Restorative, Moving)
Services are provided to individuals (ages 15 and up) who are experiencing:
- Anxiety related problems such as phobias, panic attacks, obsessions, ruminations and compulsions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, both simple and complex.
- Attentional issues and oppositional defiance issues
- Relapse prevention for addictive disorders
Individualized programs can be develop for specials areas of learning or for organizational development:
- The Behavior Wellness Center will provide ongoing training program in the use of Mindfulness, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Trauma Work as part of its own staff development. Outside professionals are welcome to attend at no charge. Please check the events calendar for details.
- If you would like us to develop a program suited for your individual, family or organizational needs, please call and talk to us.